City gallery PLATO joins the Ostrava Museum Night by the central theme of a key as a symbol of re-gained freedom.
17.00–21.45 Key improvisations
Creation of music installations and musical instruments from keys
The wall of freedom
Messages written on a typewriter and examples of cyclostyle
Gallery peep show
Fishing in a fish pond
Have you ever fished your keys out of a swimming pool? Contest!
22.00 Key orchestra
Common finale at the end
Temporary structures 1, 2 ,3, 4, 5, 6
Library, bistro, shop, garden, cloakroom, infopoint, cinema, stage, display
as site-specific artistic pieces
An exhibition of an art-piece for PLATO cloakroom
Installations by architects from a group zukunftsgeraeusche (DE)
Sharing minerals and semi-precious stones
Take a stone from a garden or bring your own findings
We’ve invited an artist Ivo Škuta to collaborate on your programme this year.
PLATO provides facilities for everyone, who wants to understand the world in a wider context. Its complexity and richness is reflected via contemporary (visual) art.
- Interior as an artistic piece by 18 artists
- Inspiring library with a reading room. Borrow books and take them home with you
- Unique selection of books in a bookshop
- Bistro and a post-apocalyptic garden
- Every Wednesday open till 8 pm
- Cine-Fridays in an original projection room